Save the Date!
Sunday, May 6 • 11:00 am-3:00 pmSpringFest, the Sunnyside PTA’s annual fundraising event, featuring:
- Na Lei Hulu Haumana, hula performance
- live music by Americana boys, Montara Mountain Boys
- live music by the “klezmenco” duo Cradle Duende
- delicious food including Let’s Be Frank hotdogs
- a student art show
- a silent auction
- a raffle with a Grand Prize of passes for 4 to Disneyland!
Proceeds provide vital funding to programs such as science and sustainability, LEAP artist in residence, our school garden, a safe and healthy lunch program, reading specialists, field trips, an art cart, and more.
How You Can Help Right Now
Sell raffle tickets
A mere $2 each and folks can win some fantastic prizes, including passes for four to Disneyland, gift certificate to restaurants, stores, beauty treatments, classes, actual merchandise, etc! Stay tuned for updated prize lists.
Poster the town!
Thank to designer Beth Zonderman and printer Mike Turnball we have a fun, vibrant poster. Let’s get it up all over town and get the word our about this great event! We have posters to put up and postcards to leave at cafes and stores. We still need volunteers for Diamond Heights, Ingleside, Mission Terrace, and Ocean Ave. Sign up to poster a neighborhood.
Donate (there will be a labeled box in the office to collect all these great donations)
- Prizes: Small toys, pencils, notebook all make great little prizes to give away as prizes at the carnival games. Let’s challenge ourselves to “think outside the box” and find prizes that aren’t plastic. Even if that means more people buy less volume. Our vacuum cleaners and landfills will thank us! If you have ideas for great prizes that fit this bill, let us know!
- Small gift bags: So that children can carry said prizes so you don’t have to.
- Compostable plates/napkins/utensils: We need a lot–larger plates for lunch and smaller ones for the bake sale.
- DVD/CD’s: A parent last year, Pauline McGovern, had a great idea that proved so successful that we are doing it again! Please donate any CDs and DVDs that you are done with. Please make sure that they are in good, working condition, and in their cases. We are looking for music and movies that will appeal to children and adults.
Homemade baked goods are always a big hit and do help raise money for the school. Start thinking about what you might bake. You can let us know as soon as the volunteer sign up page is up.
Volunteer at the event
Of course we need folks to work the games, sell food, and help out at the auctions. We will run 3 shifts of an hour and 15 minutes each. A sign-up genius link will be available shortly.
Please contact Lopa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for helping make SpringFest a great success!