To complete Geneva Ave improvements, the first phase of work, lasting about one month, will bring the following temporary impacts
- Bus Stop Relocation – the bus stop located Eastbound on Geneva Ave, between I-280 and San Jose Avenue, will be re-located.
- The stop for the 8 and 8BX will be relocated to the bridge on Geneva Ave, over the I-280 highway.
- The stop for the 43, 54, 88 and 91-OWL will be relocated to Geneva Ave, between San Jose Ave and the Kiss and Ride entrance.
- Kiss and Ride Entrance Closure – to complete sewer work and excavation, the Kiss and Ride entrance on Geneva Ave will be closed to vehicles. Please use the entrance on San Jose Ave at Niagara Ave.
- Lane Closures – To complete sidewalk widening and curb ramp upgrades on Geneva Ave, between San Jose Ave and the I-280 highway, traffic will be taken down to one lane in each direction during non-peak hours. Motorists are encouraged to use alternative routes during construction.
Construction is now scheduled to begin on February 29th.