[Source: https://www.sfmta.com/news/press-releases/sfmta-weekend-transit-and-traffic-advisory. Notable change: projected date of Dec 24th for reopening Ocean Avenue between Geneva and San Jose. Click here for holiday weekend parking info.]
SFMTA UPDATE: Balboa Park Station Improvement Project
Now until Further Notice: The Balboa Park Station Area and Plaza Improvements project broke ground on February 29 to implement safety, accessibility and transit improvements around the Balboa Park Station. Weather permitting, construction work for the project is anticipated to last through December 2016.
Since Friday, November 11, eastbound Ocean Avenue between Geneva and San Jose avenues is closed and is scheduled to open on Saturday, December 24.
To accommodate the street closure, the following eastbound Muni routes have been rerouted to Geneva Avenue and stops in both directions are impacted.
- 29 Sunset
- 49 Van Ness/Mission
Temporary Stop Changes to 29 Sunset and 49 Van Ness/Mission:
- The eastbound stop on Ocean Avenue and Howth Street has been relocated to Geneva Avenue and Howth Street.
- The eastbound stop on Ocean Avenue at Balboa Park Station has been relocated to San Jose Avenue at Geneva Avenue, in front of Crazy Pepper.
- The westbound stop on Ocean Avenue and I-280 is not in service during this time. Customers who take the 29 Sunset and 49 Van Ness/Mission routes should board either on Ocean Avenue at San Jose Avenue or Ocean Avenue at Howth Street. All other westbound stops will remain unchanged.
Temporary Early Morning Service Change to J Church:
- During the early morning hours, from 4 to 8 a.m., some J Church trains will miss the first inbound stop at Cameron Beach Yard. Customers can board on San Jose and Ocean avenues for more frequent service.
Traffic Impacts and Detours:
- Eastbound Ocean Avenue is closed between Geneva and San Jose avenues.
- The I-280 northbound entrance only has access on weekdays. Traffic is being detoured to the I-280 on-ramp on Geneva Avenue on weekends.
- Westbound Ocean Avenue is open at all times.
- Howth Street has been temporarily converted to a two-way street for local access only.
A section of the sidewalk on the south side of Ocean Avenue at I-280 has been closed for construction during this time. Please use the north sidewalk on the other side.
Please join Sunnyside Neighborhood Association.
Annual dues: Residences $20 (includes all member of household). Businesses $25
Your donation to Sunnyside Neighborhood Association is tax deductible.
Please include name, address, phone number and email address. Members receive the Sunnyside News, our quarterly newsletter, as well as advance notice of membership meetings and special events, and periodic email updates. Membership fees help support this website, and pay for meeting hall fees and supplies, insurance, and other expenses.
Thank you for your support!
You may also mail in your dues: P.O. Box 27615, San Francisco, CA 94127.