Supervisor Norman Yee (District 7) is seeking a reliable volunteer to serve in the front office, to better serve constituents. Volunteers are encouraged to apply, especially those with a particular interest in completing research projects related to family housing, early childhood education, Vision Zero, food security and senior housing.
Supervisor Yee: Seeking older adult interns for District 7 office
This internship is a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment in a local elected’s office, especially as Sup. Yee is a third-generation San Franciscan with over 35 years’ experience as a nonprofit and education leader advocating on behalf of children, youth and families. His priorities are pedestrian safety, early childhood education and senior services. Our internship will provide an up-close, insider view of how City Hall runs, San Francisco politics and District 7 community concerns and hot topics, several of which include SFSU, Parkmerced and Stonestown.
Here are some of the skills that interns will develop through our internship:
- Policy analysis
- Written and oral communication
- Research and writing
- Community outreach and advocacy
- Office management
- Event management
- Social media and messaging
We are especially seeking candidates who have:
- A strong desire to serve the public and interest in local politics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work well independently and on teams
- Social media skills are strongly desired
- Available to intern minimum 15 hours/week (2 days/week)
If students are interested, they can email their resume and cover letter with subject line “Internship-NAME” to Jarlene.Choy@sfgov.org by January 6.