INFORMATION ON HOW TO REGISTER BELOW.
Date and Location
Sunday, November 24, 10:00 AM – 12:00 noon. Meet at Lower Steps, Detroit Street at Hearst Avenue, San Francisco CA.
The Detroit Steps is an ambitious project to beautify the Upper and Lower portions of the Detroit Steps, via landscaping and art. In 2019, District 7 Participatory Budget funding was awarded to the project, to beautify the entrance to the Lower Steps. In addition since June, three major cleanup events have been geared at cleaning the overgrowth in the Upper Steps. Download the FLYER (PDF).
Proceeds from the Rise & Run Step-a-Thon fundraising event will directly pay for the purchase of California native plants to be planted along the Upper Steps. Participation in the event is open to all. Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to register
Participants may register the day of the event, or by Paypal online. Suggested donation for participants:
- $15 per adult
- $10 per child or senior
- $30 per family
When registering and paying on Paypal, you must add this information in the space marked “ADD A NOTE” before finishing your Paypal transaction :
- “DETROIT STEPS”
- YOUR NAME — EMAIL ADDRESS — STREET ADDRESS
So that we know you are registering for the event. THANK YOU!
Problem with online registration? Email: info@SunnysideAssociation.org.
How it Works
- When the announcer says “Go”, Step-a-thon participants run up and down the flights of steps, doing it as many times as they can in 15 minutes.
- Children (age 5-12 yrs) will participate on the Lower Detroit Steps and then adults (age 13+) will participate on the Upper Detroit Steps (in small groups to keep it safe on the steps). There will be only one race at a time.
- Every time a participant makes it to the top of the flight, a volunteer marks the participant’s hand, indicating a flight of steps has been completed. When the time is up, participants record the total number of flights they completed.
- There will be a small prize for the winner of each race. It is a great way to built community, get pre-Thanksgiving exercise and get to know neighbors, while raising funds which will directly beautify our neighborhood.
Thank you for your support, and we are looking forward to seeing you there!
–The Step-a-thon Team