Just outside Sunnyside Elementary entrance is a poster with a QR code. Upon scanning and opening the site, it brought up the OpenSFHistory site. According to the site, OpenSFHistory features scanned images donated to the Western Neighborhoods Project by a San Francisco photographer and collector active from the 1960s though the early 2000s. If you’re interested in viewing Sunnyside in the early days, additional neighborhoods and/or supporting this cause, visit the OpenSFHistory website:
The Sunnyside Winds will play several new compositions by local composer Jason Gibbs. Includes violin and string bass, and wind quintet standards.
The Hangout Horns will play fanfares, fripperies and fantastical favorites. Prepare to be surprised! Free to the public, sponsored by Sunnyside Neighborhood Association.
Saturday, August 20
4:00 – 5:30 pm PDT
Sunnyside Conservatory, 236 Monterey Blvd.
City and County of San Francisco
Office of Labor Standards Enforcement
Family Friendly Workplace Ordinance Rules
The Office of Labor Standards Enforcement (OLSE) released its final Rules Interpreting the Family Friendly Workplace Ordinance on July 7, 2022.
More information on the Family Friendly Workplace Ordinance is available at: https://sfgov.org/olse/family-friendly-workplace-ordinance-ffwo
Muni service will expand, as the agency continues to bring back service that was cut during the pandemic. Changes include:
Restored routes effective July 9:
- 2 Sutter: California Street at Presidio Avenue to Ferry Plaza
- 6 Haight-Parnassus: 14th Avenue at Quintara Street to Ferry Plaza
- 21 Hayes: Fulton Street at Shrader Street (St. Mary’s Hospital) to Hyde Street at Grove Street (Main Library)
Modified routes effective July 9:
- 23 Monterey: Ocean Beach to Bayview District
- 28 19th Avenue: Daly City BART to Fisherman’s Wharf
- 43 Masonic: Munich Street at Geneva Avenue to Fort Mason
- 49 Van Ness – Mission: City College to Van Ness Avenue at North Point Street
- 52 Excelsior: Persia Avenue at Prague Street to Forest Hill Station
- 57 Parkmerced: West Portal Station to Daly City BART
- 58 Lake Merced: Stonestown to Daly City
- 66 Quintara: Judah Street at 9th Avenue to Vicente Street at 30th Avenue
- L Taraval Bus: SF Zoo to West Portal Station, transfer to Muni Metro for downtown service
For more information on the Muni service changes, call 311 or visit www.sfmta.com/ServiceChanges