The Balboa Reservoir Project is proposed development on the large plot of open land to the west of City College. The site will include housing, public open space, and other amenities. Sunnyside Neighborhood Association has been part of the community input during the process of developing plans for the site.
- Dates in 2019 for the meetings of the Balboa Reservoir Community Advisory Committee (Mondays): March 11, June 10, September 9, December 9. Agendas not yet posted. Check here.
- Review an archive of posts about Balboa Reservoir posts on this website
- Community Advisory Committee (BRCAC) — open to all [click CAC]
- Read more about the project (SF Planning)
- Community Portal — many resources here (SFPUC) [somewhat outdated]
- Frequently Asked Questions (SF Planning)
- Principles & Parameters for the Balboa Reservoir — developed by BRCAC.
- Developer website — sign up for their updates
This project is the largest development to take place near Sunnyside in many decades. The Community Advisory Committee (BRCAC) provides a voice for our neighborhood in the process. All community members are welcome at CAC meetings. More about BRCAC meetings here.
The committee developed a remarkable document to guide development at the site, Proposed Development Principles & Parameters for the Balboa Reservoir.
SNA has its own Balboa Reservoir Committee (BRC) to guide and encourage local community input into the development process. Meets regularly to discuss the process and facilitate communication between the developer team and local residents.
- Email Jennifer Heggie, Chair of the BRC here.