Sunnyside Community Connectors recently held a Fire Safety and Emergency Preparedness Fair. More about this community organization here: https://www.facebook.com/CommunityLivingCampaign/
Fire Safety and Emergency Preparedness Fair on Wednesday January 15th, 11 AM – 2 PM, at 419 Hearst Avenue (Edna).
Sponsored by Sunnyside Community Connectors. Educational material, demonstrations, and free giveaways of smoke alarms and handcrank flashlight-radios.
Sunnyside Neighborhood Association held its quarterly meeting last night. Here is a summary. Many thanks to our speakers at the final meeting of 2019.
Highlights of the meeting included:
- SNA elections in February, 2020. Please consider running for office!
- Come to the senior exercise program at St. Finn Barr, Monday and Wednesdays at 9:30am
- The SNA holiday party will be on Sunday, December 8 at the Sunnyside Conservatory
You are invited: the quarterly meeting of the Sunnyside Neighborhood Association is Monday November 4th, 7-8:30 pm. Open to all residents. Agenda below. Held at St Finn Barr Hall, 415 Edna Street (Hearst).
The speakers and subjects to include:
- President’s Welcome and Treasurer’s report;
- Tom Doudiet, Asst Division Chief (retd) SFFD, on our Auxiliary Water Supply and emergency fire preparedness;
- Ashley Murray, Liaison from Mayor’s Office of Neighborhood Services, information and Q&A;
- Detroit Steps update, with Rosaura Valle;
- Balboa Reservoir project update, with BRCAC representative Amy O’Hair and and SNA BR Committee Chair Jennifer Heggie.
- The usual raffle, including fresh eggs from President Steve Martinpinto’s chickens for some lucky winner.
Time to join or renew your membership? You can pay dues at the meeting, or click ‘Donate’ button below.
Emergency Preparedness Academy
If disaster strikes: Are you prepared? Get Prepared with these three classes offered FREE to older adults in Sunnyside! Disaster can strike at anytime. Being prepare gives you and your love ones a safety net in case of a major disaster.
Community Youth Centers SF CYC in conjunction with the Department of Building Inspection’s Seismic Safety Out-reach Program (SSOP) want to make sure you are prepared.
THESE THREE FREE COURSES will help you: Prepare/Response, Mitigation and Fire Safety, and Basic First Aid and Citizen CPR. Attend two of the three classes and receive a FREE Starter Disaster KIT.
FREE EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS TRAINING:
- DAYS: Wednesdays, Oct. 9, Oct. 16 and Oct. 23
- TIME: 10:30 to 11:30 AM
- PLACE: St. Finn Barr Catholic School, 419 Hearst Street (Ask for Olivia)