New red curbs designed to increase pedestrian safety on Judson Avenue at the Foerster and Gennessee intersections has been completed by SFMTA. This prevents cars and RVs from parking in such a way to block pedestrian visibility at intersections. The measure were approved a few months ago. Last week speed cushions were also approved for Judson for the blocks between Circular and Gennessee, further addressing this dangerous stretch where cars speed. The cushions will be installed sometime in the near future.
On the next SFMTA meeting agenda for April 19th is “daylighting” for two dangerous intersections on Judson Avenue. This is red curb painting which prevents cars from blocking pedestrian visibility. Excerpt from the agenda (view entire agenda here PDF):
Photo from SFMTA showing locations of red curbs.
9. ESTABLISH – RED ZONES
- A. Judson Avenue, south side, from Foerster Street to 53 feet easterly (between stop limit
- B. Judson Avenue, south side, from Foerster Street to 20 feet westerly #
- C. Judson Avenue, south side, from west Gennessee Street curb line to 29 feet easterly
- D. Judson Avenue, south side, from Gennessee Street to 20 feet westerly # (Supervisor
District 7) Elizabeth Chen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proposal to install red zones at the stem of the T and west approaches to the two
intersections to improve pedestrian visibility.